Working with Customer Feedback
← Back to Customer Feedback section
This guide covers
The customer feedback section is a collection of all feedback in your account, sorted in three tabs:
- Unsorted are all of the feedback that have yet to be reviewed or actioned.
- Backlog are all of feedback that you have already looked at and made any necessary edits to, like linking to ideas or adding a tag.
- Archived are all of those feedback that you have decided to remove from your Unsorted or Backlog views.
For a closer look at how to use the different states - take a look at Using Idea and Feedback states.
For all views, you have access to custom views and filters to help you digest available data. All lists under feedback, including companies and contacts, are customizable via the list settings.
You can gather feedback in a variety of ways:
- In the app
- Using the Customer Portal
- Using Zapier
- Create your own webhook using the API
As feedback comes in, it will be added to the Unsorted tab. We recommend you immediately add a tag so you can find it later, and if you choose to keep it in your Backlog, move it to that tab.
If this is a new piece of feedback that you think has potential, you can turn it into an idea to start tracking it.
If this is a duplicate piece of feedback from another client, you can track it under one idea so that you can eventually get back to people who requested it. The more pieces of feedback are linked to an idea, the higher the customer feedback number will be, allowing you to prioritize your ideas backlog better.
Managing Companies and Contacts
You have the ability to manage Companies and Contacts, so you can keep track of feedback as they come in.
Tip: Be sure to add an email address to the contact name to avoid any duplicates later on.
Using the frequency chart
When in the feedback list you can switch to the 'Frequency' tab which allows you to have an overview of when you have received feedback in ProdPad. Used alongside Filters, you can narrow your search further, for example to specific products, customers or even users who added the feedback, to show trends over time.
Once you're in the chart you can then customize the view specific to your needs. You can change both the time periods and frequency to get a more specific overview of a particular point in time you're wanting to review.
You can also change the chart analysis style for further customization of your view:
- Linear - This is the standard, default, view for the chart
- Rolling analysis calculates the rolling average of the data set. Use rolling average analysis to remove noise or spikes from data and smooth out trends over time. We will calculate the rolling average based on the selected time interval (hour, day, week, month or quarter) for each data point in the graph.
- Logarithmic is a nonlinear scale based on orders of magnitude, rather than a standard linear scale, so the value represented by each equidistant mark on the scale is the value at the previous mark multiplied by a constant.
- Cumulative adds up the values of each point on the graph as it goes along, so the height of the line will increase over time.
By hovering your mouse over the trend line, you can hone in and see the specific piece of feedback that caused a spike or trough.