- Adding an idea using the Quick-Add button
- Adding an idea from the ideas list page
- Adding an idea from a roadmap card
- Adding an idea by email
- Adding an idea with the Chrome Extension
To add an idea on any page click the 'Add an idea' button located in the menu bar.
This will open the "Add Idea" form. Once you have finished describing your idea, click either the 'Add' or 'Add & View' buttons.
You can create an idea directly from a roadmap card by typing in the idea name directly on the 'specs' section. Click on 'Create and add' once you are ready. The idea will be linked to the roadmap card and added to the ideas list.
Open your email client and describe the idea in the body of an email. Once you’ve finished describing the idea in the email, set the TO:field to idea+[your-company-name]@prodpad.com.
Once ProdPad has received and processed the email, you will be sent an email acknowledging that the idea has been received. Next time you view ProdPad, you will see your idea in the list. This will take up to 5 minutes, but certainly not longer.
You can use either the CC: and BCC: fields to send in your ideas. Note that there is a limit of 1024 characters for each idea, so make sure the description you send is brief
Note: Only users that currently exist in ProdPad can send in ideas. Be sure to use the same email address that is registered in your ProdPad account.
Yet another way of adding ideas while you're not logged in to ProdPad is to use the ProdPad Chrome Extension. This handy tool will allow you to add ideas to ProdPad from any page you have open in the Google Chrome browser.
To install the Chrome Extension:
- Head to the Chrome Web Store and click 'Add to Chrome'
- Generate your API key: In ProdPad, head to your Profile Settings by clicking on the arrow next to your name in the top-right corner, and then click on API Key. You can copy the API key, or if you don’t have one yet, simply click 'Generate API key'
- Open up the newly installed ProdPad Chrome Extension in the top-right corner of your browser, and paste the API key into it.
You can now use the ProdPad Chrome Extension on any page that you’re browsing on, without even needing to log in. Simply write out a description, and optionally, a title, and click 'Save'.
To save time, you can highlight text on the page first, so that it appears in the Chrome Extension as soon as you open it.