Verifying and adding a domain to your SAML SSO in ProdPad
Note:This feature is available for Advanced+ accounts only.
Verifying and adding your domain to SSO helps you to direct your users to your ProdPad account. Once you have verified your domain or domains in your DNS record you can add these to your SAML SSO, this way your users know how to authenticate themselves with your identity provider when logging into ProdPad.
To verify your domain, follow these steps:
- Go to your profile picture and select Account Settings > Security tab > Domains.
- In the domains field, enter the domain you wish to claim and verify in the "Domain name" field.
- Click Add.
- Under "Unverified Domains" you will see an entry for your domain, copy the value in the 'Verification Code' field.
In your domain host account
- Go to the DNS records. This might be under "DNS Management", "Name Server Management", "Control Panel", or "Advanced Settings" or similar.
- Create a TXT record.
- For the name/host/alias value add the domain you have entered in ProdPad. i.e. mydomain.com.
- For the value/answer/destination value, paste the Verification Code you copied from the unverified domain entry in ProdPad.
- Save the record.
- Return to the Domains section.
- If your domain is not yet showing as verified. Click the ellipsis ("...") button next to the unverified domain.
- Click Verify Now.
Your domain should now be verified!
You can now add the domain to your SAML authentication type. Once you have linked your domain to a SAML authentication type your users will be directed to login using your identity provider when they enter an email matching the domain on the ProdPad login page.
You may not be able to verify your domain immediately, this depends on your domain hosts settings for Time To Live which may be up to 72 hours.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful