Create ideas in ProdPad from HipChat
If you want to collect ProdPad ideas from HipChat messages, you can do so using Zapier.
You will need:
Getting your accounts ready
To link HipChat to ProdPad using Zapier, you will need to have admin access to the HipChat room of your choice. You can learn more about getting started with HipChat on Zapier, here.
Connecting your accounts
Click here to turn HipChat messages into ProdPad ideas.
1. Connect with your HipChat account by allowing Zapier access. Provide your Auth Token. Follow the link provided to generate one. Alternatively, select an already connected account.
2. Click Yes, continue.
3. Select the HipChat Room which will trigger this automation. When a new message is received in this room, it will be used to create a ProdPad idea. Click save + continue.
4. Connect with your ProdPad account by specifying your API Key. You can grab this from under the API Keys tab in Profile Settings on ProdPad. Alternatively, select an already connected account. Click Yes, continue.
5. Select which HipChat fields will be used to populate the idea title and description in ProdPad.
6. Click Save + Finish to complete the Zap.
Now test the Zap to make sure it works. Once you're satisfied with the results, you're all set to collect ProdPad ideas over HipChat!
Note: If you ever want to change this ProdPad and HipChat integration, just go to your Zapier dashboard and tweak anything you'd like.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful